[Membership] [Comcom] WES, can you help me out? Fwd: T-shirt report

Merelice merelice at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:26:16 EDT 2012

Mike, please.

I understand your passion. But we don't yet have confirmation that we can
get what we want for $5 (especially if we want two colors on the front and
one color on the back). And if most people think we are paying $7 or $8
(not an unreasonable assumption), then charging $10 is almost a give-away.

At least consider a compromise. Meanwhile, we have heard you (repeatedly).
And, of course, the GRP will give consideration to those who cannot afford
full price. That also doesn't need repetition. The policy was reaffirmed as
recently as Saturday.

As a fundraising item, the T-shirt will sell primarily among GRP members.
It might be somewhat unrealistic to think a non-member would snap up a
T-shirt simply because it costs $10. If you are interested in shipping them
(by making them available online), then perhaps you (or the Membership
Committee) could research the cost and work out who would do the storing
and shipping. The Green Party doesn't seem to charge for shipping and
handling; maybe they assume most orders will be mail-orders and they build
the cost into the price.

Speaking of selling things, most organizations also use buttons as a
fundraising item. The GRP used to send a button to new members and
supporters as a welcome gift, but otherwise buttons were sold. It would
help if some items for distribution could pay for themselves. Perhaps the
Membership Committee could also give this some thought. (I've added the
Membership Committee to this particular email.)

Merelice

--
Merelice
617-277-1757

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't
have any.
—Alice Walker