[Membership] Document D-Polling Proposal from Brian

mikeheichman at verizon.net mikeheichman at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 21:26:15 EDT 2012

DOCUMENT D: Polling Proposal from Brian

To GRP Membership Committee

    I invite you all to try a five question sample web poll before our
meeting, which I've set up at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VTTWTMH
    I'll bring the results to our June 5th phone meeting for discussion.

Brian Cady
-------------------------
    -Polling Agenda Item
        Why GRP might poll its members.  15 minutes
            To embody the Key Value of Grassroots Democracy
            To help us better understand, represent and/or educate our
members, for outreach, etc.
            Results from 4 ballot question sample poll - what's popular,
polarizing, controversial, and/or boring -
                Using 5-part answer response patterns. (and spatial
patterns - Using first three zip code digit responses)
            Costs, professionally done vs. done by GRP member volunteers,
with professional oversight.
                Cost estimates from Grossman Solutions.
            Advantages of Volunteer Polling - cost, and the volunteers
would develop a sense of our members opinions
            Formats, traditional telephone polling versus mixed mode (mail
and email invitations to web poll)

(For another meeting:
       Why GRP might poll the general public
            Valuable service to candidates
            To help us better understand, represent and/or educate the
public.)